Stella stayed home sick with her daddy today - 1. because they're both still sick and 2. Cathy (Stella's babysitter's) boy(s) have the chicken pox. So, Grandma Lena and Grandpa Dean will be alternating Tell-Tell duties this week. These are the fun facts I learned about the chicken pox from Elena (the nurse) and her boss (the doctor):1. You are contagious 48 hours prior to breaking out so Stella may have been exposed Friday.
2. Incubation is 14-21 days, so it will be awhile before we know if she will or won't get them.
3. Since I had them (at age 4), and Stella is breastfed, it's likely she won't get them.
4. Because the boys have had the chicken pox immunization, their cases should be milder, and Stella's would be in turn.
5. If Stella develops symptoms, it's important she be kept away from any pregnant women who haven't had chicken pox. The risk if greatest for those at 20 weeks or less, as it can cause birth defects.
Check out the pic and videos I added to previous posts!



No comments:
Post a Comment