
So, I have never put so many hours into a shower before, and I've hosted and co-hosted a lot. Good thing I dropped my class or I never could have put as much time, thought, and effort into the shower as was necessary. Everything turned out great. As I get older, my standards for myself get higher and higher, and my perfectionism gets worse when it comes to anything that is a reflection of me. It's good I have Joel to try to keep some sort of rational boundary there. I think Carolyn and our guests had a good time, and she got a lot of useful, fun, and cute stuff, so it was a success. I was kind of relieved, tired, and yes, sick when it was all said and done. Carolyn is such a cute pregnant lady. She's already petite and then she has barely gained any weight, which obviously keeps you looking better. It's such an exciting time for her - going to birthing classes, getting the nursery ready, showers...How fun.I've been asked when my next shower is, and I guess it may be my sister-in-law, Rachel's bridal shower, though this is still TBD. Technically, immediate family (Heather and Elena) isn't supposed to throw the shower. Heather is the Matron of Honor I think, Melanie (cousin) is a bridesmaid who's in med school and doing research in St. Louis, and then there's me here. So, at least I have some recoop time:)







No comments:
Post a Comment