Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sayings I Hate

Renee and I had a discussion about sayings I hate this weekend, and I just saw the French equivalent of one of them, so I felt it necessary to vent about them via blog. Don't be offended if you use them, I even do at times, but of course preface it with the fact that I hate that particular saying.

1. To each his own - People tend to say this when they can't understand someone else's strange behavior or stupid decisions - I'm someone who needs to make sense of my world, so that "we'll just have to agree to disagree" philosophy doesn't work well with me.

2. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing - People tend to use this incorrectly, and it's just annoying. Otherwise, they use it to vent about management, government, or authority, and I'm not into the dam* the man mentality.

3. Talking out of both sides of their mouth - gives me a nappy feeling...

4. Think outside of the box - can we get a new way of saying this? Why's it gotta be a box? I put more things in a bag personally.

That's all for now, but I'll add more once more are compiled:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to add:

"paradigm shift"
and
"synergy"

to the list.

Anonymous said...

Do people seriously use synergy?