Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ignifugé = FIREPROOF

http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

The movie, Fireproof, was recommended to me by my friend, Teresa, and a new small group pastor we met this morning while visiting a new church. Ironically, the message at church was on marriage.

This movie is amazing. My mom, little sister, and I drove to Sheboygan to see it this afternoon. I was having some church up in there. It stars Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains, who has such integrity that in the movie, his actual wife body doubles when he kisses his on-screen wife. It is an homage to how powerful God is, how He can heal the broken and a broken marriage, and what love really is. We were crying for half the movie. I think everyone should see it, Christian or not, married or not. BUT, it would be a great date movie for couples. Seriously, swallow your pride and/or snobbishness (if you have it - I have a little) about it being a Christian movie. Just because critics prefer seeing rape, violence, and hate in film doesn't mean that is what is best for us to view. Remember - Garbage in, garbage out. Word to your mother.

No comments: