Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chez le médecin (At the doctor's office)

We had our monthly visit this afternoon. The baby's heartbeat was 144 bmp, lower than last time. It lowers as the baby ages. I'm measuring at exactly 20 wks. My doctor is happy with my weight gain so far, which feels like more than I've actually gained, probably because "things" are getting enormous, my waist widened, I have chub where I normally don't, I haven't been working out, etc...I would really like to be getting some exercise just to keep my endurance up and my body toned, but it's just nearly impossible with my current teaching position. My doctor mentioned that after 2 more visits, I'll be in the 3rd trimester. Weird. This pregnancy is going quickly, although it feels like Friday can't get here fast enough!!! So many people are thinking boy. I will admit I've been leaning a little toward boy, but I can't commit to a guess, because I can picture Vivienne in there as well. I'll post Friday evening (our appt isn't until 4pm), but my mom's watching Stella that day and evening, and Joel and I are going out to eat to celebrate finding out and our 10 yr anniversary of being together, which was last Friday. SO, we'll call the fam and a few peeps, but I won't get home until later in the evening. Feel free to call me though if you're dying to know and I don't call you:) I'm so excited!

In other news, Stella is the cutest tootsie in the world. She's at the coolest age. She's getting over some random nappyness and has been such a mommy's girl lately. She's communicating so much and gets and does a lot of non-verbal communication, too. We had a snow day yesterday where we got 10 in of snow in addition to the 4 we already had, so Stella and I snuggled and watched movies, played, took a nap together, etc...It was so precious. She's such a sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This waiting is KILLING me!