

This is the post I never got to make with Stella. I'm kind of surprised to be making it now, especially when my body feels and looks so prepared to give birth. God has His reasons. Gabe has really plumped up. He weighs around 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). His brain and nervous system are working better every day. He has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
I've had more indications that labor could be near, or they could be purely coincidental. I've felt some nausea for a couple days, which isn't normal for me. Flu-like symptoms are common 24-48 hrs before labor begins. I've also totally been nesting. I've had crazy motivation to get everything tidy and clean. This, too, usually happens 24-48 hrs before labor starts. Also, since I stopped subbing, I've had hardly any noticeable swelling. Not much new to report - just waiting.
Fun fact: Only 5% of women deliver on their due dates.



3 comments:
I wanna come home now!!! I love that you posted your belly since I can't see you in person. But I'll be seeing you (and Gabe!) in less than 2 months...
Yah - I figured that since it might be the last belly pic, might as well show some pale skin. I'll send you a frontal, too so you can use it as your wallpaper background - hehe.
Getting excited here! I'm so excited for this baby boy in your life. Maybe next year, you'll be posting the same thing for me...you never know...
Post a Comment