My uterus extends well above my navel. As baby gets bigger and stronger this month, I may experience leg cramps and mild swelling of ankles and feet, difficulty sleeping, shortness of breath, lower abdominal aches, clumsiness or scattered Braxton Hicks contractions (hardening and relaxing of the uterus). I am the cramp queen. So far this pregnancy, I've had calf, tibialis anterior, knee, ankle, foot, hip, and hand cramps. Last pregnancy, I even had elbow cramps. I eat foods with high potassium, too: meat, milk, yogurt, bananas, oranges, tomatoes, etc...I just take a potassium pill if it's particularly bad one evening. This past week, I've felt like I couldn't breathe deeply if I was leaning back or not sitting up straight. The weight of the uterus/baby must be putting pressure on the vena cava or something? I didn't have any Braxton Hicks contractions until 36 wks last time. I have my glucose test and thyroid testing this morning and my next appt Monday, 2/9. Joel also presents his business plan Monday morning. Pray for him!
This week went pretty well. I went out to coffee with a new friend, which was fun and needed. I subbed for Special Ed. Thursday at Washington, where I did the maternity leave. I was not looking forward to it. I just don't want to sub anymore, but I guess I'll just keep looking and take the jobs I find. There are never any! Stella and I are getting used to being at home. She is receiving her share of time-outs for not obeying. Dean, Elena, Indy, and their new Boston, Maddy(sp?) are coming Fri. for the weekend. That will be fun, especially to have a new puppy to play with. Hurley and Stella will really enjoy that! I'm planning to go to a women's Bible study next Tuesday at church, and they provide childcare, so that should be nice.
One of the downsides of renting is that we're not willing to invest in painting our house. We haven't really done much decorating as it is either. SO, we won't be painting Gabe's room. It would be weird to just have 1 room painted a color anyway. Elena is, however, using Stella's same fabrics to make a twin-sized quilt/sheets. We are moving Stella to our other upstairs bedroom that has built-in desks/shelves and more light. We have to buy her a bed and dresser. That way, we can leave the crib, dresser, and bookshelf in her room for Gabe to use. Here's a pic of the fabric that will be the theme of Gabe's room:
My plan when I first got pregnant with Stella was to have an old-world travel theme if she was a boy. Elena remembered that and looked around and found this. Joel and I both really liked it as well as the accent colors we'll pull from it, so she ordered enough to use for the bumper pads, bed skirt, sheets, and window treatment. We need to go pick ~ 4 accent fabrics - probably batik-style - but that will likely have to wait til I go to BN. Manitowoc has 1 fabric store, and I have never been there. I also want Elena's opinion about the fabric quality. I feel like now that we're in the 3rd trimester, we really need to get some things going, which will be easier with my being home: big girl bed for Stella, switching bedrooms, potty training, getting out and setting up baby stuff, buying newborn supplies, etc...I'd also like a tour of the obstetrics unit at our hospital. It is WAY less stressful this time around. We already have so much of what we need minus clothes and diapers/wipes. No registering, no prenatal classes (which I loved), and we know what to expect. I'm aware that 2 kids will bring even more chaos and less relaxation and sleep. That will be the new experience as well as having a boy. Still weird for me to think about. I wonder what he'll look like? I'd like for him to look like Stella b/c she was and is so beautiful. I don't want him to look like me this time and have that go all wrong:) I just don't want to have an ugly kid. Then people have to lie about his being cute, and that just makes life harder. I guess we'll see...



4 comments:
it is impossible FOR YOUR CHILD TO BE UGLY...im excited to see ya soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, there is no way for your baby to be ugly! Stella is gorgeous, and Gabe will be too! Although, I totally understand...I was worried about the same thing. Thankfully, Clara is a doll. =)
I LOVE the old world nursery theme too! That fabric is perfect. Be sure to take more pics when it is done. I'd love to see it!
Gabe will be just as handsome as Joel, I am sure. I can understand where you are coming from; Chloe was just so cute and has become so beautiful, you just want the same for the rest of your kids.
I'm so glad you are both finding some friends/people you can finally relate to. Meals at homes are probably the best way to get to know people--we can be ourselves so much better in our own space :) We just had a couple from church over today--dirty dishes on the counter, dust piled on the TV stand and definitely not in the shape of how I would typically invite people over, but I just felt God leading us to have them over--to get to know them better (and they have grandkids, so it's not like we're trying to be best friends, just friends in Christ). We cleaned up what was necessary and just visited and had a great time. Community is a place we live in, yet so hard to achieve that vital, heart-pumping, satisfied feeling of actually living in community with others. I pray your friendships continue to develop gracefully!
Boys certainly are a handful--but they are so much fun!!! The compassion that flows from them is overwhelming sometimes (and completely underwhelming when you see him whap his brother in the face with a foam sword!). Ezekiel has been asking for a lot of cuddle time lately--so sweet!
Stella is growing so fast! I'm sure she'll be a great big sister and helper to you (especially during the days).
I feel like I've been rambling, but I've really wanted a chance to talk and we just have a hard time connecting--anyway, I hope your bible study is fantastic and you find some dear people you can study with.
love,
Audrey
Post a Comment