Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nouvelles choquantes (Shocking News)!


As of Friday, I was 29 wks. Gabe now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. Gabe's bones are fully developed, but they're still soft and pliable. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I'm sure to get my 4 dairy servings a day. We buy milk like it's going out of style. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in his hardening skeleton each day. His movements will become more frequent and vigorous. Some of his jabs and punches may even take my breath away, which happened the other day.

I had a dream last night (Thurs) that I had Gabe now, which was good because he was 8 lbs, 1 oz. and 19 in. long. I didn't remember delivering him because I was passed out. He basically looked just like Stella, which Joel thinks will be the case. And, since he was bigger, he really wanted to eat, so we didn't have any nursing issues like with Stella.

Joel and I went out to eat Fri. night and then with Stella's sitter, Jessica, and her husband to their church to watch Fireproof. I LOVED the movie after seeing it with my mom and sis, but Joel hadn't seen it yet. Stella spent the night chez Nama and Nampa. Stella and I have been doing well together this week at home. I think we're both adjusting to it. She is much more content and growing more and more attached to me, which always seems to happen when I am home with her. We try to go 1 place every day: the Y, library, store, etc...It has been nice.

Shocking news temporarily removed.

We love you all!

2 comments:

annalea said...

we love you too. i'll try and give you a call soon - k?

Teresa_Rae said...

Wow, that's huge news, we'll be praying for y'all.

Teresa